Scope | Size | Marking | Classification | Subjects
The Valesio collection consists of modern Italian poetry collected and given by Paolo Valesio. The general cataloging policies for monographs and serials are followed.
The size boundaries are:
- up to 25 cm. high
- up to 23 cm. wide
- between 26 and 37 cm. high
- over 23 and up to 31 cm. wide
- over 37 cm. high
- over 31 cm. wide
The following guidelines are used when marking volumes for Valesio
- Mark on Yale bookplate when there is one, generally in the upper left corner.
- Mark on verso of last page, lower right hand corner, when there is no Yale bookplate. The lower left hand corner is the alternate location when the lower right hand corner is unusable.
- If the last page is unmarkable (e.g. too dark or shiny or filled with text or illustrations), mark the verso of the first usable page from the end.
NOTE: Do not mark call number on original wrappers.
Valesio is classed as a name collection and uses a sequential number for monographs and serials. Year/number classification is used for broadsides.
|Octavo||beingen ‡h Valesio ‡i 8|
|Quarto||beingen ‡h Valesio ‡i +3|
|Folio||beingen ‡h Valesio ‡i Folio 2|
|Octavo||beingen ‡h Valesio ‡i S6|
|Quarto||beingen ‡h Valesio ‡i +S4|
|Folio||beingen ‡h Valesio ‡i Folio S3|
Subject, genre, and added tracings
- Personal, topical and corporate subjects are always assigned
- Make appropriate genre headings
- Make appropriate copy specific notes and local tracings for provenance